Thursday, October 29, 2015

WHAT I MISS.......

4 AM......I have been home a week and  already I am aware of what I miss when I am not out walking and why it calls to me:

...The weight of my pack first thing in the morning, that appendage which becomes a physical part of my being.....if missing I am off balance

...Early morning, laying in bed, stretches....moments convincing the body it does in fact want to rise and walk a new day.... See new sights....take in the smells of the earth

....Bells, tolling in symphony or clanging in simplicity.....I miss the bells...I will always miss the bells

....The  smell of wet earth...turned fields, moss covered rock walls along the path...musty, rich earth

.... A glass of chilled Tuscan wine at the end of a long hard day...soothing ....earned

.... The thrill and deep sense of gratitude for an extra pillow on the bed

.... A violet butterfly circling as I walk, tempting me to ask " Who are you? What do you want me to see?"

.... Plates of steaming pasta....simple, no elegant sauces or presentations.....fresh vine ripened tomato and basil; rich thick cream with chunks of crispy ham; pasta tossed in infused garlic oil......simple, basic...filling

....Monitoring the sun to gage time... testing my abilities against a worn beaten Timex

... Dodging the rain under the protection of an olive grove..... Dining on wild boar sausage bites and tangy wedges of Parmesan as the cloudburst passes

... Boots off, toes airing mid day, in the shadows of a medieval villa or castle fortress

....Quiet......walking in  quiet..... deep in thought...time passing yet totally still....Altered dimensions


I walk to discover....places, people, culture at the very core and essence of a land.  I walk and I discover more of me....each and every time.  I find more of the woman I am and was meant to be.
I walk to share with those who cannot and, hopefully, tempt those who can to do the same.
I walk because I am meant to walk.




~~  Author
Award Winning Bestseller  ' A Camino of the Soul: Learning to Listen When the Universe Whispers'

https://www.amazon.com/Camino-Soul-Learning-Universe-Whispers-ebook/dp/B01DTAKQUG



6 comments:

  1. Everything about this sounds so enticing! Maybe it will be in my future someday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been an amazing adventure this year Ms. Molly! Glad you have been following along....kind of like the envelopes of goodies I brought your Mom from trips....ticket stubs, coasters, memories..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture you paint with your words. You encourage me to get out there more and feed my soul.

    ReplyDelete