Monday, April 6, 2015

Going LIVE!

April 6th..... Let the blogging begin!

Walking Woman, that's me :-), heads out again next month for the West Highland Way in Scotland.  98 miles from Milngavie, just outside Glasgow, north to historic Fort William at the base of Ben Nevis, this iconic walk will occur after several days of whiskey distilleries up north...Bring on the fresh air and excersise! 

So, until this new episode begins, I'll do a little catch up on my last couple walks.  
Most recently, February, when  opted for some hiking in Chile and Argentina, topped off with good old sightseeing in Tierra del Fuego.  

The W Trek In Chile's Torres del Paine National Park is a well known 6 day trek into the glacier country in the southern Andes. Breathtakingly beautiful, well signed and offering comfortable Refugio's along the way ( book in advance if traveling high season December through February - I used Say Hueque) it was a hike proving to me I could manage just about any normal long distance walk I set my mind to tackling.  One of only two single women on the six day circuit ( the other was a 24 year old with vast experience for her tender years) it was exhilarating to realize I was accomplishing this on my own....and enjoying every minute ( the slip while  headed down from Los Torres base was a tad spooky).   At 57 and proving to myself I could do a trek of this nature I was exactly where I was meant to be...







2 comments: