Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WALKING CONFESSIONAL....

Mid day is story telling time. The Camino can be an open confessional, pilgrims emptying their hearts and minds to complete strangers. Baring their souls in cleansing. 
It is accepted. 

She comes alongside me; a woman I do not recognize. “ Hi! My name is Lilly… I am from Australia.  I have watched you the last couple of days.”  Her words are tinged in sadness. 
“ I hoped to get to walk with you and talk.  I like your spirit” she says.
For the next hour Lilly shuts the confessional door and whispers her truth.  Her tale of sexual abuse touches my heart. As she tells her story her tears flow.  
“ I have not told this to anyone on this camino.  It had to come out and somehow I knew I would tell you”.
When we part I find myself reflecting on her words “ I like your spirit”.


 I  believe we meet  people when they are ready for us and we are ready for them.  Lilly has come as a gift to help me see that these last years of focusing on love, on the belief that we are all of the same magnificent source and therefore are one and the same, is now showing through in me.  I am humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment