Thursday, September 17, 2015

Book proposal submitted!






Within days of completing the Camino Santiago de Compostela last fall, I KNEW I was to walk and write.....just keep long distance walking and writing.  Interesting enough, emails from Hay House Publications started pinging my in-box at the completion of my Camino.  Hay House, publishers to Wayne Dyer, Mike Dooley, Gregg Braden, Anita Moorjani ( to name a few), was offering a contest for new authors.  Coincidence? Hmmm, I don't think so!

So, I signed up for the March Chicago session. Two days of education on the publishing world, along with writing hints and tales from the incomparable Mike Dooley, assured me I was on the right track.

If you have followed along on my blog, you know that in February I took off for the next walking adventure--- Patagonia, a land that had intrigued me since I was a young teen.  Although not a long distance pilgrimage walk akin to the 500 mile Camino, these hikes in Chile and Argentina took me to granite mountain faces and had me scrambling boulders.... a totally new and exhilarating experience. What it also did was solidify my soul knowledge that somehow walking and writing were to be my next life chapter.

Today, September 17, after three months of in depth writing, story development, editing.... the whole shi-bang....I have submitted my manuscript proposal for the Hay House contest. With a blessing, it was sent off and now I will simply wait for the notification that I have indeed won. Isn't that how it works when we let the Universe take over....when we follow our soul knowledge and do what is meant? :-)

During the next month while Hay House editors sift through the entries,
the next adventure occurs!   Off to Italy and the Via Francigena this coming week.....

STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment